Click here for a brief history of the Bicycle Hub of Marlboro
I'm the owner of the Bicycle Hub of Marlboro, located in Marlboro, New Jersey. Since 1973, I have been involved with two-wheeled sports, both Motocross and Enduro riding. During the early 1980s, I was the Manager/Co-Owner of The Peddler Bicycle Shop in Long Branch. It was then that I continued my involvement in cycling sports by organizing BMX races. My passion for bicycles is ever present in the Bicycle Hub of Marlboro; making it the perfect shop for the cycling enthusiast like myself.
Wally Tunison's Personal Cycling
Accomplishments and Activities
- President and Founder of the New Jersey Cycling Conservation Club
- Co-Founder of Monmouth Heritage Trail, Inc., a public advocacy group founded to establish and
provide on-going public
support for The Henry Hudson Trail.
- Past State Representative for the International Mountain Bicycle Association (IMBA)
- Official for races activities with the National Off Road Bicycle Association (NORBA)
- National Commissar with the Federation Internationale du Amateur Cyclisma (FIAC)
- Representative for mountain biking interests on the New Jersey Trails Council
- New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection, Division of Parks and Forestry
- Member NJORV (off-road vehicle) Sub-Committee under the New Jersey Trails Council
- Monmouth County Park System contact for mountain bicycling
- Promoter of mountain biking events held at Allaire State Park
- Past Representative for mountain biking to the Regional Trail
- Corridor Study for the Mid-Atlantic States as commissioned by the National Parks and Conservation Association
- In-service Instructor for mountain bicycling to the State of New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection,
Division of Parks and Forestry Mountain Bicycle Mounted Ranger Patrol program
- Past Bicycle Test Editor for the east coast monthly publication "Trail Rider Magazine"
- Past column Contributor to the East Coast bi-monthly magazine "Dirt Rag"
- Co-Founder Emeritus, Jersey Off Road Bicycle Association-JORBA
- Past Member, NJ Trails Council
Conservation Club Circa 1990
The NJ Cycling Conservation Club was put together in a ride home in Wally's van after a really good Mt. Bike ride. Gretchen Tupy and Wally were brainstorming on how NJ needed an organized state effort to "conserve cycling" through trail maintenance and building. Wally said "If we don't do something soon, people will try to label the mt. bike as an intrusion into the parks and forests. We should name it after the Michigan Cycling Conservation Club that does trail work to keep the dirt bike trails open in Michigan, that way it will sound like we are trying to conserve the woods, when,in fact, we are also trying to conserve mt. biking." Gretchen said that sounded good and the first "pre-JORBA" state organization was born.